Serve with a steaming cup of tea, or as an after-dinner desert
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- ¼ coconut syrup
- ½ buttermilk
- 1 & ½ cup flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ toasted ground macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine sugar and melted butter in a bowl and beat by hand until combined.
- Add eggs, vanilla, vanilla bean scrapings, coconut syrup and buttermilk. Continue beating until well mixed. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in another bowl.
- Fold in macadamia nuts. Gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture and stir until combined. Prepare small individual cake pans by spraying with vegetable cooking spray. Fill pans ¾ full and bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out slightly damp.
- Remove cakes from the oven and let them sit in the pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, then poke small holes into the cakes with a skewer.
- Pour Coconut Glaze over warm cakes.
- Garnish with whipped cream, fresh fruit, nuts and toasted coconut.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut syrup
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Toasted coconut
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, combine all ingredients and cook down for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Spoon hot glaze over cakes and serve warm.