These nuts are a just-right combo of spice and sweetness, and are perfect with a glass of something cold.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp castor sugar
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 150g/5½oz macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk to combine the sunflower oil, lime juice and castor sugar together, whisking until the mixture looks pale.
- Keep whisking and add the garam masala, chilli powder, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the nuts to the spice mixture, stir in the honey and mix together until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Place the nuts in an even layer onto the lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for five minutes before turning them over and roasting for a further 8-10 minutes until they have a shiny, golden coating and are no longer sticky. Watch carefully towards the end of cooking to ensure the nuts do not burn.
- Leave the nuts on the tray to cool. They will continue to harden as they cool and can be served either warm or cold.