For cold wintery days or pre-dinner treats.
- 450g unsalted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 large leek, white part only, washed, sliced
- 1 brown onion, peeled, chopped
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 300ml thick cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the nuts on a tray and roast until golden.
- Set aside. Place potatoes, leek, onion and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heatto low and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is soft.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Add the remaining macadamia nuts and blend in batches until smooth.
- Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled or hot, garnished with the roasted nuts and slices of toasted baguette.