Nutty and decadent.
Ingredients (makes 1-2 cups)
- Macadamia nuts, handful
- 0.5 – 2 cups of water, adjust to consistency
- 1 – 2 dates, pitted
- Cacao powder (unsweetened)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon or so of a macadamia nut butter
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of lecithin granules. This makes it more creamy (Lecithin is made from soy, eggs, sunflower or corn).
- Make a macadamia milk: in a blender add the macadamias and water and blend into a milky consistency.
- Add the dates and lecithin granules to the milk mixture and blend until smooth. Taste and add more dates to sweeten if required.
- Strain the milk through a sieve and discard the nut pulp.
- Add the milk to a saucepan and gently simmer until warm enough to your liking.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cacao powder and the nut butter. Serve and enjoy!